Thank You STEP Seattle
Thank You. It was a pleasure to meet many of you today and thank you for attending the STEP Seattle Luncheon Lecture; U.S. Estate Planning Implications of Posthumously Conceived Children (May 25, 2017, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Columbia Center, 701 Fifth Ave – Suite 6100, Seattle, WA 98104-7043)
At Morris+D’Angelo, we strive to continually improve our perspectives and knowledge of Topics, Technology, and Current Events that affect the way you live; those things that matter to you; we stay on top of it with offices in Portland, Oregon and San Jose, California.
STEP Seattle: What We Hope You Learned Today
- To stimulate the thinking of advisors and how our technological and biological evolutionary changes are regularly occurring – this is “it is not your Dad’s Oldsmobile” concept
- To help people consider broader familial context for multi-generational estate considerations and wealth preservation/planning
- To initiate a tougher conversation with older generations to include alternative lifestyles, choices, and children (natural, adopted, foster… what is to be defined as family)
- Reminder as to what is commonplace here isn’t necessarily common “there”
- To think and be different than our competitors
- I am doing this because the law is there, the children are born, and yet advisors are stuck in a stone age
If you have questions or would like me to present a Specialized Workshop at your Firm, please contact me.